California Condo Insurance Coverage

Condo Insurance

Get Quotes Below!

Request a Quote

Condo Insurance

Condo owners have unique insurance needs. Essentially, when you own a condo, you own part of a building. While the condo association pays insurance on the common areas and the overall building, you are responsible for protecting the unit and your personal property. This is important should it be damaged or lost due to fire, theft, water damage, or vandalism.

What is condo insurance?

Condo insurance, as the name implies, covers the home of a person who lives in a condo. This can be a free-standing unit, a semi-detached unit, or a unit that is part of a complex of units under the same roof. This type of insurance covers damage to the policyholder's unit and the personal property that they have inside the unit. It also generally includes some liability insurance for things like a guest slipping on your kitchen floor and injuring themselves. Condo insurance will also pay for the cost of a temporary living situation should you have to move while your unit is being repaired. This could possibly be because of fire, vandalism, storm damage, or water damage. If you have financed your condo, you are usually required to have condo insurance. However, even if you own your unit outright, it's a good idea and essential to protecting your investment.

Like homeowners' insurance, there are two basic types of condo insurance. Policies that pay for the actual replacement cost of your property and the condo unit and those that pay fair market value. While market value insurance is generally less expensive, it can leave you paying the difference between the depreciated value of your possessions and the replacement value.

To learn more about keeping your California condo protected, contact the agents of Independence Insurance Center. We've been helping California condo owners for a long time and are happy to answer your questions.

Connect With Us

for all your insurance needs!